Sunday, 9 January 2011

Please Follow Me

Before I start, those of you who are interested might like to click on the followers link on the right. this gives me a chance to see if I am writing to myself or if anyone is actually reading it.

We went to the wey navigation canal today and had the best session we have had in a long time. we paddled about 4 miles in total but did several interval reps and really worked on communication so that we each knew what the other was doing. I discovered what everyone has been telling mefor ages, that if you actually power the boat forward it suddenly gains a huge amount of stability. I just need to be brave enough to paddle forward in times of trouble rather than back off like I have been doing.

We also did plenty of portaging practice, I am getting better at stopping the oat at the right place and we got in and out about 7 times so that we can now get in and out of the boat together without either of us falling or tipping the other in the water.

We are now planing a long trip from Windsor back to base with a support car. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment